Last Updated : Nov 16,2018
Viewed 5288 times
Also Known As
Maple tree sap syrup
Originally from Canada, maple syrup is the extracted, concentrated sap from the sweet, red or black maple tree. It's a thick, amber gold liquid that is best had drizzled atop fluffy, round pancakes. While maple syrup doesn't have a distinct flavour and is almost tasteless, it also has a low sugar content.
How to Select
• It is available in glass bottles or in plastic cans in selected food malls and super markets.
• Original maple syrup is best procured from Canada. It is often considered to be an edible Canadian souvenir.
• Ensure that the seal is unbroken.
• Please read the manufacturing date to ensure maximum product freshness.
• If the syrup looks crystallized or too watery please refrain from buying it.
• Maple syrup is a sugar substitute. Perfect to use as a sweetener for those following a VEGAN diet.
• Maple syrup is most often eaten with waffles, pancakes and oatmeal it can also be had with French toast.
• It is sometimes used as an ingredient in baking, the making of candy and for preparing desserts.
• It is also used as a flavouring agent in making gourmet beer.
How to Store
• The pure syrup is very expensive, so store carefully keeping in mind the local weather conditions.
• Properly made pure maple syrup does not freeze and can be kept in the freezer indefinitely.
• Callously stored maple syrup may sometimes develop mouldy toxins on the top.
• You can remove the layer of mould and bring the syrup to boil, wash and dry the container properly and refill it with hot syrup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.