• Maple syrup is a sugar substitute. Perfect to use as a sweetener for those following a VEGAN diet.
• Maple syrup is most often eaten with waffles, pancakes and oatmeal it can also be had with French toast.
• It is sometimes used as an ingredient in baking, the making of candy and for preparing desserts.
• It is also used as a flavouring agent in making gourmet beer.
How to store maple syrup
• The pure syrup is very expensive, so store carefully keeping in mind the local weather conditions.
• Properly made pure maple syrup does not freeze and can be kept in the freezer indefinitely.
• Callously stored maple syrup may sometimes develop mouldy toxins on the top.
• You can remove the layer of mould and bring the syrup to boil, wash and dry the container properly and refill it with hot syrup.