Last Updated : Jan 08,2018
Viewed 10725 times
Also know as
Nannari is a medicinal root herb that is most effective in cooling the body in summer, when mixed with lime juice and palm sugar. The herb has a brown exterior and a whitish interior which exudes an astringent flavour and a pleasant odour. Nannari syrup or concentrate is created by extracting the properties of the root through a process of steam distillation and then mixing it with varying proportions of citric acid, water and sugar.
How to select
• Nannari syrup is not readily available commercially.
• Health food stores or ayurvedic shops might house these speciality syrups.
• The syrup can be purchased online as well.
• If purchasing it commercially ensure that the seal is unbroken.
• Please read the manufacturing and expiry dates to ensure maximum product freshness.
• To make a delicious sherbet, dilute 50ml of nannari syrup with 145ml of cold water and a tsp. of fresh lime juice.
• When added to jaljeera or soda, nannari syrup makes for a refreshing fizzy drink.
How to store
• It is best stored in a cool, dark place.
• Ensure your nannari syrup is placed in coloured bottles and kept away from sunlight.
• Homemade nannari syrup may be kept in the refrigerator and used for the months of summer.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.