• Golden syrup is a popular sweetening ingredient in baked goods, candy, frostings, jams, jellies, etc.
• Golden syrup can be used to make cookies, rice crispies, caramel snack mixes, nutritional bars, ice creams and sorbets.
• It is a common ingredient for chocolates, fudges, cakes and biscuits.
• If you'd like to substitute light golden syrup, use equal parts of honey or corn syrup, which is made out of corn starch.
• If you'd like to substitute dark golden syrup, use equal parts molasses or maple syrup.
How to store golden syrup
• Since golden syrup is primarily composed of sucrose, fructose, and glucose, storing it is an easy option as there is no chance of crystallization.
• Store golden syrup in tightly sealed containers at room temperature or in the refrigerator.