Suva Buckwheat Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24392 times
Mouth-wateringly tasty buckwheat rotis flavoured with aromatic dill leaves, this recipe is a delightful treat for your palate and your stomach.
Made with alkaline flours like buckwheat and jowar, these rotis are spiced mildly with common ingredients like green chilli paste and a dash of pepper.
It is very important to serve the Suva Buckwheat Roti immediately and fresh, to enjoy its vibrant flavour and interesting texture.
Also try other stomach-friendly paratha like Minty Green Peas and Cabbage Paratha or roti like Nutritious Cabbage and Methi Rotis .
- Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little jowar flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti on a medium flame, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.