Strawberry, Banana Ice- Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12380 times
One of my favourite flavours of ice-cream! to make this ice-cream, carefully select the sweeter strawberries. Choose the smaller variety as they are usually much sweeter than the larger ones. If the strawberries are sour, you may need to increase the quantity of sugar required. The bananas that are added in this recipe taste really good, it makes the ice-cream even more tastier.
- Mix the cornflour in 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water and keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan. When it comes to a boil, add the dissolved cornflour and 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and strain the mixture. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream with remaining powdered sugar till soft peaks form.
- Mix the cooled milk mixture with the cream and strawberry purée.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Pour into a shallow dish and freeze till slushy.
- Remove from the freezer and blend in a blender till the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Freeze again until firm. Scoop and serve.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||313.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.