Banana Butterscotch Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 176 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44811 times
The mellow sweetness of bananas and the tacky flavour of butterscotch seem to be a match made in heaven, as you will agree after tasting this unique ice-cream. Bananas not only impart a natural, fruity sweetness to the ice-cream, they also improve the creaminess. Together with butterscotch sauce, it gives the ice-cream an irresistible aroma as well. Make sure you add the praline only after the ice-cream is semi-set, in order to retain its crunch. Serve scoopfuls of this ice-cream as it is, or with a topping of nuts or fruits.
- Heat the sugar in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the cashewnuts and butter and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a greased flat surface and allow it to cool and harden.
- Scrape it out using a palate knife and coarsely powder it using a mortar-pestle (khalbatta). Store in an air-tight container and keep aside.
- Combine ½ cup of milk and the cornflour in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 2 cups of milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, add the cream, bananas, butterscotch sauce and essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container, add the prepared praline and mix well. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.