Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13065 times
Authentic and perfect, this Fresh Strawberry Ice-Cream is sure to steal your heart with its fruity flavour and enticing mouth-feel. Feel the Ice-creams melt in your mouth, allowing the flavour of fresh strawberries to linger on your taste buds for a few seconds longer, transporting you to a heavenly, stress-free zone. The best part about this ice-cream is that it is made from scratch, with absolutely fresh ingredients, ranging from cream and milk to mashed strawberries. This particular fruit has such an overwhelmingly happy flavour that you do not need to support it with anything artificial! Another great thing is that strawberries are an all-time favourite with kids, so it will be a wonderful surprise for them too. Excitement doubles when served with hot Waffles .
- Combine ¾ cup of strawberries and the sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the cream and milk and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an aluminum tray, cover with an aluminum foil and put in the freezer for atleast 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove it from the freezer and immediately blend in a mixer till the ice crystals are broken down. The mixture after blending should be thick and slushy and not watery.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the remaining ¼ cup of strawberries and mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture again into an aluminum tray or any other container and cover and freeze again for atleast 5 to 6 hours or till the ice cream sets.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per scoop
|Vitamin A||214.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||21 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.