Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31547 times
It is fashionable to serve hot waffles with ice-creams. So stay with the trend and serve hot waffles as accompaniments.
- Sieve together the flour, cornflour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Dissolve the yeast in 3 tablespoons of lukewarm water.
- Add the yeast solution, sugar, melted butter, milk and salt to the flour mixture and whisk well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a waffle iron and brush it with butter. Pour 1/3 of the prepared batter in the waffle iron and spread evenly. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until the waffle is golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining batter to make 2 more waffles.
- Serve hot with your favourite ice-cream.
- You can use ½ teaspoon of dried yeast, activated in lukewarm water, instead of the fresh yeast for the above recipe.
Nutrient values per waffle
|Vitamin A||633.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||37.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.