60 Healthy Veg Soup Recipes, Easy Indian Vegetable Soups
Healthy Soup are chock-full of nutrients if cooked wisely with quality ingredients and smart cooking techniques. Healthy Soups can be a welcome addition to the meal, when veggies are added to it. It becomes a tasty way for your family to top up on nutrients like vitamins A, vitamin C and vitamin E, folic acid, potassium, calcium and so on. You can find many Healthy Soup Recipes like Nourishing Barley Soup, Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite and Strength Shorba recipe below.
Strength Shorba, Bombay Curry Soup with Spinach
Indian Vegetable Healthy Soups
Some of my favourite Indian healthy veg soups are Masoor Dal Paneer Soup, Whey Soup and Moong Soup which are protein rich. For carrot lovers we have Gajjar Soup which is excellent for the eyes as it provides vitamin A. For South Indians we have the Garlic Rasam which not only aids in digestion but also, helps relieve cold. Tomato Shorba a popular soup on restaurant menus is heartwarming. This soup is thick and luscious with the goodness of coconut in it. Another calcium rich healthy soup for spinach lovers is Spinach Paneer and Dal Soup.
Whey Soup ( Calcium Rich Recipe )
8 ideas to make Healthy Soup Recipes.
1. Avoid cornflour as it raises your blood sugar levels.
2. Avoid potatoes as it shuts down the fat burning process
3. Avoid Maida and substitute with whole wheat flour
4. Avoid sugar as it causes inflammation in the body.
5. Use fresh vegetables.
6. Don't use excess salt as it can lead to high blood pressure.
7. Don't use cheese slices as they are processed and not healthy.
8. Use Coconut Milk as it’s an excellent medium chain triglyceride with healthy fat.
Clear Healthy Soup Recipes
Everyone loves clear soups. Chinese Clear Veg Soup uses stir fried vegetables in the soup. When you have cold or cough, then Mixed Veg Clear Soup is a great option. With an assortment of vegetables and condiments like soy sauce and vinegar you can quickly whip up amazing varieties of soups.
A good nourishing healthy chunky soup with the goodness of Broccoli is Broccoli Broth. On days when you wish to make the soup your meal, try sumptuous options with pulses and dals like the Garlicky Lentil and Tomato Soup, Mixed Sprouts and Barley Soup, etc. These will give you energy and keep your spirits up till the next meal.
To keep that bowl healthy, make sure that you do not add any fat-laden ingredients like cream, butter or cheese. These do not do much good but add on to your weight. Instead, flavor your soups with a variety of fresh and dried herbs like in the case of this Minty Vegetable and Oats Soup. Check other low cal soups and healthy quick soup and let your soup speak of your commitment to good health! There are times you want a thick creamy soup made of Mushrooms or Pumpkin which are tasty and healthy.
Accompaniments served with soup delight the diner just as a surprise delights a kid! Small chunks of toasted bread, which can be used to garnish the soup, or larger treats like bread sticks, which you can dip-and-munch, add a bite to the soup and make them more interesting. Here are four of my favorite healthy soup accompaniments that you must try making at home.
1. Whole Wheat Toasted Croutons
2. Whole Wheat Masala Bread Rolls
3. Homemade Whole Wheat Bread Sticks
4. Whole Wheat Bread Rolls
5 interesting Healthy Soup Recipe articles are given on our website. Do check them!
1. Healthy Chunky Soups Broth (19 recipes)
2. Healthy Clear Soups (16 recipes)
3. Healthy Jhat-pat Soup (17 recipes)
4. Healthy Low Cal Soups (35 recipes)
5. Healthy Thick Creamy Soups (22 recipes)