Mixed Sprouts and Barley Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11153 times
Mixed Sprouts and Barley Soup is a combination of two different types of proteins – mixed sprouts and barley – makes a complete protein-rich soup. Fondly known as the body’s building block, protein helps maintain body tissue, doing both development and repair. With lots of crunchy vegetables and nutritious vegetable stock to boot, this soup is both toothsome and flavourful.
- Combine the cornflour and water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the red chilli paste, carrots and cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mixed sprouts, barley and salt and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the basic vegetable stock, mix well and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- Soak 10 whole dry kashmiri red chillies in warm water for 30 minutes and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.