Chinese Clear Vegetable Soup ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 431 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 152182 times
This soup utilizes the technique of stir-frying to cook the veggies to ensure minimum losses f nutrients. Not only does it taste great, it is extremely delicious.
- Tear the cabbage and lettuce leaves.
- Chop the spring onions with the leaves.
- Cut the celery into about 12 mm. Pieces.
- Heat the oil thoroughly. Add the vegetables, baking powder and citric acid and cook on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 5 teacups of boiling water, the soya sauce and salt and boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot with chillies in vinegar and chilli sauce.
- Health Information :
- This soup uses the stir frying technique (an Oriental method of cooking using small quantities of oil) .
- For cooking whilst stirring over a high flame.
- This results in minimum loss of nutrients and minimum absorption of fat, making it a very useful nutrient saving cooking technique.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|Protein|| 1 g|
|Cho|| 4 g|
|Fat|| 5 g|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.