celery soup with dill recipe | Indian style celery soup recipe | ajmoda suva soup |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45985 times
celery soup with dill recipe | Indian style celery soup recipe |
ajmoda suva soup | with amazing 22 images.
celery soup with dill is a delicious and comforting thick green soup recipe which is super delicious and tummy filling and is called ajmoda suva soup in India.
celery soup is a lovely green-coloured soup of celery pepped up with aromatic dill, onions and a dash of pepper. Milk and corn flour help to balance the flavour as well as lend the perfect consistency to this celery soup with dill.
celery soup with dill is highly comforting and we have used the most basic and minimum of ingredients for preparing the soup.Celery soup falls under the category of thick soup as we have pureed celery and have used corn-flour to thicken it.
To make Indian style celery soup recipe we have cooked onions and celery in butter, you can also add garlic if you wish to. Further, we have added water and boiled celery and onions. Next, cooled and have blended celery and onion into a smooth mixture and have strained them. To proceed, we have transferred it into a deep pan, have added cornflour slurry, milk, dil leaves, salt and pepper. Cooked it until it thickened a little and our yummy Indian style celery soup recipe is ready to be relished! Dill leaves add an amazing flavour to our soup, making it extremely lip-smacking.
Wanting to have something light, yet tummy filling celery soup with dill can be definitely your go to recipe! Serve ajmoda suva soup along with bread sticks or garlic bread. Also, you can add on croutons if you wish to!
Learn to make celery soup with dill recipe | Indian style celery soup recipe | ajmoda suva soup | with detailed step by step recipe photos below.
- To make celery soup with dill, heat the butter in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the celery and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and boil on a medium flame for 13 to 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth and strain with help of a strainer.
- Transfer it back into a deep pan, add the corn flour- water mixture, milk, dill, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Serve the celery soup with dill piping hot garnished with dill.
Celery Soup with Dill recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||448.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.