Mushroom Barley Soup Recipe , Healthy Vegan Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19866 times
If you are watching what you eat then the mushroom and barley soup is ideal. Couple it with whole wheat toast and you have a nutrient-packed, fibre -dense healthy vegan meal ready!
Lemon juice and ground pepper add a nice wintery flavour, but if you do want to experiment, go ahead and add different seasonings.
What sets this soup apart is the unique combination of flavours: soothing barley and the delicately flavoured mushroom. The result is a wonderful soup bursting with flavours, albeit all mild.
You can also try other soup like Masoor Dal and Paneer Soup or Chawli and Beetroot Soup .
- Soak the barley in enough water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the barley and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Strain and keep aside. We required the water and the barley.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, pepper and salt and sauté on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, barley and barley water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from flame, add the parsley and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.