Dill Corn Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 239 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26578 times
Dill has a distinct and unique flavour, which goes very well with cream-style corn. The addition of chopped carrots, onions and celery sautéed in butter imparts a delightful crunch and buttery touch to the Dill Corn Soup, while garlic and black pepper give it a flavourful boost.
- Combine the cornflour and 1 tbsp of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, onions, celery and carrot and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream style corn, salt and 3 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dill leaves and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||386.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.