Mushroom and Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 132 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36297 times
An international ingredient cooked up in Indian style! This particular version of the versatile Mushroom and Onion Soup can be whipped up in a jiffy using the microwave oven, making it the perfect choice to cook up on a day when you return home from office famished, starving, and drenched in the rain! the fact that the recipe uses very few ingredients decreases the cooking time even further.
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the onions, mix well and microwave on high for 1½ minutes or until light pink in colour, stirring once in between after 45 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and 2½ cups of water, mix well and cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring thrice in between after every 3 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend the mushrooms in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée back to the same microwave safe bowl, add the salt, pepper and cream, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||142.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||13 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.