Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 153 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49479 times
A typically Mexican Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup, this has a distinct smoky flavour. Soft, yellow sweet corn tastes great just raw, so it naturally adds great value to this soup too.
Roasting capsicum on a direct flame imparts a unique flavour and taste to this soup. So, follow the exact procedure to whip up this scrumptious soup and I assure you a delightful experience.
A bowl of Sweet Corn and Capsicum Soup followed by a Burrito and serving of French-Casserole makes a satiating meal.
- Pierce a fork through the capsicum and roast on a slow flame till it turns black in colour from all the sides.
- Immerse the capsicum in cold water, remove the skin, stem and seeds and finely chop them.
- Combine the sweet corn and milk in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add the capsicum and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the corn-milk mixture, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.