Potage Darblay ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10186 times
Whether you like your soups light and herby or thick and sumptuous, you can do it all with the microwave! here is a soothing and filling soup that is sure to warm the diner’s heart. A ‘potage’ is a thick soup, in this case made with potatoes. It is topped with an assortment of vegetables and cream, making this recipe visually, nutritionally and gastronomically appealing.
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and onions, mix well and microwave on high 4 minutes, stirring once in between after 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, 1¾ cups of water, bay leaf, salt and pepper mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once in between after 3 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaf and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer to a smooth purée, transfer it back to the same microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, top the soup with the vegetable topping, garnish with fresh cream and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.