Pumpkin Soup, Low Calorie Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 127 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 204525 times
pumpkin soup | kaddu ka soup | bhopla soup | Indian pumpkin soup | low calorie pumpkin soup | with 15 amazing images.
This Indian pumpkin soup recipe uses very less ingredients and relies on the flavour of pumpkin itself. This is because pumpkin is not only delicious but also has many health benefits. A cup of pumpkin cubes fulfils your day’s requirement of vitamin A (5526 mcg), thus making it a super bhopla soup for your eyes.
You would never have imagined the possibility of preparing such a luxuriant kaddu ka soup at such a low-calorie count! We have used low fat butter in this recipe for weight watchers. If you are healthy, then use regular butter in the pumpkin soup.
The pumpkin soup will be naturally creamy due to the soft pumpkin. Even though it is a savory soup, the slight sweetness of the pumpkin makes it even more delicious.
A real treat for pumpkin lovers, this delicious kaddu ka soup has an enticing flavour and irresistibly herby aroma. Pair this pumpkin soup with a healthy salad to form a healthy meal. Take a look at our collection of healthy quick Indian salads.
Enjoy how to make pumpkin soup with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make the pumpkin soup, heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 3 cups of hot water, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same deep non-stick pan, add the oregano and mix well.
- Cook the pumpkin soup on a medium flame for 1 minute or till it comes to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Serve the pumpkin soup immediately.
- At step 8 it is suggested to cook only till the mixtutre comes to boil, switch off the flame and serve immediately. Boiling it for more time or re-heating it might lead to curdling of the soup.
Pumpkin Soup Video, लाल कद्दू का सूप
Pumpkin Soup, Low Calorie Soup recipe with step by step photos
To make Pumpkin Soup (Kaddu Ka Soup), first cut the pumpkin into cubes so it is easier and faster to cook. To cube it, first peel off the skin and remove the seeds. Cut the pumpkin into uniform strips and then chop them into cubes.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan.
- Once the butter melts, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Then add the pumpkin cubes and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Sautéing the pumpkin caramelizes it and gives the soup a more robust flavor. This recipe uses very less ingredients and relies on the flavor of pumpkin itself. This is because pumpkin is not only delicious but also has many health benefits. This is why Pumpkin is healthy.
- Add 3 cups of hot water to the pan. This fastens the cooking process.
- Now add the salt.
Finally add the black pepper as well and mix well. Even though we have added salt and pepper, there is still a slight pleasant sweetness to the Pumpkin Soup (Kaddu Ka Soup).
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Covering the food while cooking retains the nutrients.
- Once cooked, it should look like this.
- You can check if the pumpkin is cooked by seeing how easily it breaks with a spoon. It should be soft.
Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, put the cubes and water in a mixer and blend in a mixer till smooth.
Just before serving the Pumpkin Soup (Low Calorie Pumpkin Soup), transfer the mixture back into the same deep non-stick pan and add the oregano for an herby taste.
Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till it comes to a boil, while stirring continuously. This is a very crucial step for the Pumpkin Soup (Kaddu Ka Soup). If boiled for longer or not stirred continuously, the Pumpkin soup might curdle.
Like Pumpkin Soup, Kaddu ka Soup then check out our collection of healthy low calorie Indian soups. Similar to Indian pumpkin soup, we have not added any ingredients which are unhealthy to our soups. Say no to cornflour, sugar, bread and potatoes to live a healthier life style.
Pumpkin Soup – A Weight Watcher’s Delight. Pumpkin – a naturally sweet vegetable is here turned into a sumptuous piping hot soup. You are sure to enjoy and get carried away with this herbed Pumpkin Soup. With just 33 calories per serving, it is a healthy addition for those intending to trim their waistline. This Low Calorie Pumpkin Soup is devoid of all unhealthy things like cornflour for thickening, processed cheese for garnish and fried croutons for serving. Made with just 6 ingredients, its simple to whip up in just 15 minutes. Oregano truly perks up the flavour of this soup Healthy Pumpkin Soup. However you can substitute it with mixed herbs, only black pepper powder or any other dried herb of your choice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.