Garlicky Beetroot Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 46 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44540 times
This soup is sure to win your heart with its lovely colour, irresistible creaminess and zesty flavour. In fact, the Garlicky This soup is sure to win your heart with its lovely colour, irresistible creaminess and zesty flavour. In fact, the Garlicky Beetroot Soup, despite not using potatoes or cream, is much creamier than you would expect, thanks to the addition of wheat flour. Healthful garlic is a surprise addition to this soup, but blends beautifully with dainty beetroot, which is another interesting reservoir of nutrients. Beetroot helps improves your looks, with better complexion and hair. Betacyanin, the antioxidant in beetroot helps to reduce the cholesterol levels and protect the heart too.
- Combine the beetroot with enough water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Drain out the excess water and keep aside to cool slightly.
- Peel the beetroot and roughly chop them.
- Combine the chopped beetroot with 1 cup of water in a mixer and blend into a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the whole wheat flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well using a whisk and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till no lumps remain,while stirring continuously.
- Add the beetroot mixture, garlic paste, salt, pepper and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Garlicky Beetroot Soup (Low Calorie Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.