Masoor Dal and Paneer Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 226 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66030 times
There is nothing more soothing than a bowl of protein-rich curry soup on a cool day! Masoor dal being an incomplete grain, it is important to combine it with protein-rich ingredients like paneer, to make a complete, nourishing soup. With tangy and flavourful ingredients, the soup also scores high in taste. Serve the Masoor Dal and Paneer Soup piping hot for a delicious protein-boost.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the masoor dal, tomatoes and 2½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée.
- Transfer the purée into a deep non-stick pan, add the salt and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and paneer and mix gently.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.