As the disease progresses, the person’s ability to absorb nutrients decrease and thus following these above simple dietary tips will truly give you a healthy head start.
With the progressing stage, the appetite also tends to reduce. This may also be accompanied by fatigue, nausea, mouth sores and other concerns like flu, headache, weight loss, bone or joint pain etc.
9 Points to be considered while making meals for a person with AIDS / HIV
1. Offer softer food like Sprouts Tikki
, Barley Idli
2. Serve small meals like Oats Bhel
and more frequently.
3. Make the meals appetizing by using different garnishes and flavourings.
4. Serve liquid supplements like heathy shakes or juices Strawberry, Pineapple and Orange Juice
in between meals.
5. Soups would be better preferred over salad for some.
6. Avoid extremely hot or colds foods, spicy of acidic foods.
7. Peanut butter
or Almond Butter can be used on toast.
8. Opt for non-friend snacks like Flax Seeds Crackers
than the fried ready-to eat foods.
9. Add omega-3
, chia seeds
, flax seeds
in your meals. These help fight infection and inflammation in the body.
Along with adding these wholesome foods also avoid a few things like
fried foods, sweets, desserts, processed foods, canned foods, sauces, pickles. Alcohol, aerated drinks, tea and coffee. Lastly, do not forget your dose of medicine…. That’s a must too!!
Enjoy other acidity articles below.