Flax Seed Crackers with Beetroot Dip ( Healthy Snack)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9573 times
We have heard repeatedly that flaxseeds are a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, and are an essential food especially for vegetarians. But, many of us are at a loss of interesting ways to include it in our diet. While we do attempt to include it in mukhwas, raita, etc., here we present a very innovative way to consume this fibre, calcium and Omega-3 fatty acid rich seed in the form of crunchy herbed crackers. Serve it with the minty beetroot dip to enhance the flavour and health quotient.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using water as required (approx. ¼ cup). Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 200 mm. (8?) diameter circle without using any flour for rolling. Trim slightly from 4 sides to get a perfect square.
- Cut out into approx. 50 mm. × 50 mm. (2? × 2?) square pieces using a knife. You will get approx. 9 pieces and prick them with a fork at equal distance.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 9 more pieces using another dough portion. Knead the trimmed off dough portion well and roll again to make 2 more crackers.
- Arrange all the crackers on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes or till they turn light brown and crisp from both the sides, while turning twice in between after every 5 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least ½ an hour.
- Serve the flax seed crackers with chilled beetroot dip.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.