Sprouts Tikki, Healthy- Starter Sprouts Tikki Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 244 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89891 times
Let’s give a healthy twist to the evergreen Aloo Tikki! Using sprouted moong increases the nutrient-value by at least 15 per cent, while coriander and mint give an aromatic spin to the tale. Serve these fibre-rich Sprouts Tikkis hot and crisp, as soon as you prepare them.
Serve with Spicy Onion Chutney , Tomato Cutney or Chilli Garlic Chutney .
- Blend the sprouted moong along with little water in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer it to a bowl, add the coriander, mint leaves, besan, salt, asafoetida and green chilli paste and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into 50 mm. (2”) round flat thin tikkis.
- Roll each tikki in mint leaves and coriander, till they are covered from all the sides.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), and cook each tikki, using 1/8 tsp oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Sprouts Tikki Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.