3144 lemon recipes | Indian recipes using lemons | lemon used in Indian recipes |
lemon recipes | Indian recipes using lemons | lemon used in Indian recipes |
Lemon, limbu used in Indian pickles
1. A brilliant pickle that causes a burst of sweet and tangy flavours on your palate, the Nimboo ka Achaar is an all-time favourite, with fans spanning across generations! The preparation of this No Oil Lemon Pickle needs a bit of tact, but is not difficult if you follow these instructions properly. It is important to toss the lemons every day during the seven-day maturing period to avoid fungal growth. During this period, you must also take care to store the Sweet Lemon Pickle in a cool place away from heat, but not in the fridge.
Sweet Lemon Pickle, Nimboo ka Achar, No Oil Lemon Pickle
2. Lemon Pickle : Oh, how versatile the humble lemon is, lending itself as beautifully to pickling candying, seasoning as to a variety of other uses.
Interestingly, most restaurants down South serve Lemon Pickle along with the 'meals', as the lemon is easy to procure and pickle, as well as liked by almost everybody.
Lemons used in Indian drinks
1. lemon apple juice recipe | lemon and apple juice benefits | apple lemon cooler | how to make apple and lemon juice |
Apple Magic, Lemony Apple Juice
lemon apple juice is a healthy, refreshing and energising Indian potion for early morning. Learn how to make apple and lemon juice.
To make lemon apple juice, add the apple cubes a few at a time in the juicer. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Add some crushed ice in 2 individual glasses and pour equal quantities of the juice over it. Serve apple lemon cooler immediately.
2. ginger lemon drink recipe | ginger lemon water for weight loss, detox and anorexia | Indian adrak lemon water | with 11 amazing images.
Ginger Lemon Drink, for Weight Loss, Detox, Anorexia
Nothing like a natural, caffeine-free cuppa to relieve a headache. What – no caffeine, but cures headache? Yes, this ginger lemon drink recipe is a really pleasant surprise for anybody with a headache. Learn how to make ginger lemon water for weight loss, detox and anorexia.
3. A true summer cooler, this Cucumber and Lemon Drink is like a rejuvenating spa visit for your cells! The mild flavour of cucumber together with the peppy taste of mint, the tang of lemon and the tingle of soda make this a really refreshing drink.
Cucumber and Lemon Drink
4. energy chia seed drink recipe | chia seed drink for weight loss | chia seed drink with lime, honey| with 16 amazing images.
Energy Chia Seed Drink with Lime and Honey, for Endurance Athletes
energy chia seed drink recipe is actually 2 recipes given below, one is chia seed drink for weight lossand the other is chia seed drink with lime, honey. Both these chia recipes are healthy.
5. You can’t think of anything better to enjoy on a hot summer’s afternoon. Better still, serve this to a guest, and you will enter their most-favoured-people list immediately!
This Mint and Ginger Lemon Drink is also quite easy to prepare. You just need to perk up a glass of Limca with a coarse mixture of mint, ginger and lemon, and voila, you have a super-refreshing glassful in front of you.
Mint and Ginger Lemon Drink
Rice made with lemons, lemon juice
1. lemon rice recipe | South Indian lemon rice | chitranna rice | with 22 amazing images.
lemon rice recipe is a popular South Indian rice. lemon rice has a nice sour lemon taste. This is a easy and quick lemon rice recipe made with basic ingredients like lemon juice, boiled rice and Indian spices. Popular South Indian breakfast often is lemon rice also called chitranna rice often made with leftover rice.
2. Healthy Lemon Rice : This dish is ideal for the summer. Keep in mind the fact that the lemon juice has to be added judiciously to suit your palate so that you do not end up with a "khatta" or bland rice.
Healthy Lemon Rice
I enjoy this dish with rasam or just a bowl of salad. The lemon in the rice aids in the absorption of iron in your body due to its high vitamin C content.
Rasam, South India Rasam, Home Made Rasam
Desserts with lemon
1. Eggless Lemon Cake : Bring together the soft succulence of the best of cakes with the citrusy scent and flavour of lemon, to make a perfectly delightful treat.
Eggless Lemon Cake, Indian Style Lemon Cake
The cake dough is perked up with tangy ingredients like lemon juice and rind, which gives a fresh aroma and refreshing flavour to the cake.
Serve the Lemon Cake warm, with tea , to enjoy the pleasant citrusy tinge. For those who enjoy such fresh and tangy flavours, there are more recipes like the Lemon Butter Icing and Lemon Cheesecake.
Lemon Butter Icing
Benefits of lemon :
Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.