Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20924 times
Bring together the soft succulence of the best of cakes with the citrusy scent and flavour of lemon, to make a perfectly delightful treat.
The cake dough is perked up with tangy ingredients like lemon juice and rind, which gives a fresh aroma and refreshing flavour to the cake.
Serve the Lemon Cake warm, with tea , to enjoy the pleasant citrusy tinge. For those who enjoy such fresh and tangy flavours, there are more recipes like the Lemon Butter Icing and Lemon Cheesecake .
- Combine the plain flour, baking soda, baking powder in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the curds, powdered sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice and oil in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk.
- Add the plain flour mixture and mix well using a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased aluminium 175 mm. (8”) tin and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c ( 360°f ) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool slightly, loosen the sides with the help of a knife and demould it.
- Cut the cake into wedges.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.