Lemon Cheesecake ( Cheesecakes Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 51 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25230 times
This is another popular cheesecake, commonly available in patisseries across the globe. The chocolate base combines superbly with the tanginess of lemon, making this as much of a connoisseur’s delight as it is a child’s treat. One thing you need to take care of is the perfect lemon rind for the perfect taste. Do not grate the lemon rind till its core; use only the yellow part and not the white. Before spreading the lemony sauce on the cheesecake, you can also spread a layer of fresh soft fruits of your choice.
- Open each dark chocolate biscuit and scrape and discard the middle creamy layer.
- Place the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush the biscuits to a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crushed biscuits powder in a bowl, add the butter and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar with ½ cup of water in a non-stick pan and cook till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cornflour mixture, mix well and cook till the mixture thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Remove form the flame and allow to cool.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon rind, lemon essence and lemon yellow colour and mix well. Keep aside till it cools completely.
- Combine the basic cheesecake mixture, lemon juice, lemon rind, sugar and lemon essence in a bowl and mix well till it is smooth.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the prepared biscuit base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or till the cheesecake is firm.
- Pour the lemon sauce evenly over it and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate again for 2 hours or till the cheesecake sets.
- Demould the cheesecake and cut into 6 equal wedges.
- Garnish each wedge with a lemon rind and serve chilled.
- For parties, you can set the cheesecake into individual moulds of your choice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cheesecake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.