Eggless Chocolate and Orange Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 323 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42449 times
Chocolate and orange are a made-for-each-other combination, be it in a cake or an ice-cream. This is because the fruity and tangy flavour of orange complements the intense, pleasantly bitter taste of cocoa.
This amazing Eggless Chocolate and Orange Cake capitalises on the winning teamwork of chocolate and orange. A super soft and rich chocolate sponge is layered with a tangy orange cream and garnished with dark chocolate and some more yummy citrusy treats like orange segments and squash.
This combo is simply the best, and this cake is assured to please anybody. You can go ahead and confidently pick this for any occasion.
Also try other recipes like the Chocolate Truffle Cake or Black Forest Cake .
- Combine the curds, oil and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the curd mixture and 2 tbsp of water and fold gently using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin lined with butter paper and dusted with plain flour.
- Tap it slightly to even out the mixture.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 40 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Demould the cake on a flat surface and cut into two equal parts horizontally.
- Sprinkle orange squash on the inner side of both the cake halves.
- Spread ½ cup of the orange cream on the lower half and spread it evenly using a palette knife. Sprinkle chopped orange segments evenly over it.
- Sandwich with the other halve of the cake, with the soaked part facing upwards and press it lightly.
- Spread the remaining orange cream evenly on top and at the sides of the cake with the help of a palette knife, to cover the cake.
- Decorate with dark chocolate on the sides, and finally place the orange segments over the cake.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate till use.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.