Black Forest Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 284 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 216715 times
The Black Forest Cake needs no introduction. Anywhere you go, this is one of the most popular treats available at bakeries. This intense chocolaty cake, sandwiched and coated with cream, dark chocolate flakes and juicy cherries, is a huge hit with young and old alike.
This recipe will help you surprise your family and friends by making this all-time favourite right at home! You can start with a readymade chocolate sponge, or make that also yourself. Make sure you follow all the instructions, right from soaking the cake in sugar syrup to refrigerating the final product, because each step is important to get the right flavour and texture.
It might seem like a bit of effort, but the smile that blooms on your loved ones’ faces when they sink their teeth into this delicious treat is priceless!
You can also delight them with other chocolaty treats like the Mini Chocolate Cake Layered with Coffee Cream and the Layered Chocolate Mousse Cake .
- Place the chocolate sponge cake on a flat, dry surface and slice it horizontally into 2 equal layers. Keep aside.
- Combine the dark chocolate and fresh cream in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds, mix well and keep aside.
- Place both the layers of the chocolate sponge cake on a clean, dry surface and soak it with 2 tbsp of the soaking syrup evenly over each layer.
- Put the chocolate-fresh cream mixture on the lower half of the sponge and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the cherries evenly over it.
- Cover with the other half with the soaked sugar syrup side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Spread the beaten whipped cream evenly on top and at the sides of the cake with the help of a palette knife.
- Sprinkle the grated chocolate evenly along the sides of the cake.
- For the topping, put the beaten whipped cream in a piping bag with a star nozzle fitted in. Decorate the circumference of the cake by making any design of your choice.
- Make 5 swirls at equal distance in the centre and place 5 cherries over it.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per slice
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.