Chocolate Walnut Cake with Whipped Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 377 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53301 times
This chocolatey sensation is sure to stir your soul with its intensely rich flavor and luxurious mouth feel.
Layers of chocolate cake are sandwiched with crunchy walnuts and gooey chocolate sauce, ready to be clothed in luscious whipped cream. Serve the Chocolate Walnut Cake with Whipped Cream chilled.
- Combine the beaten whipped cream and sugar in a deep bowl mix well with a spatula and keep aside.
- Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds, mix well and keep aside.
- Cut the cake horizontally into two parts.
- Sprinkle the soaking syrup on both the cake halves.
- Spread ½ cup of the prepared beaten whipped cream mixture on the lower half and spread it evenly using a palette knife.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of walnuts evenly over it and drizzle ¼ cup of melted chocolate over it.
- Sandwich with the other halve of the cake and press it lightly.
- Spread the remaining 1½ cups of beaten whipped cream mixture evenly on top and at the sides of the cake with the help of a palette knife.
- Finally sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of walnuts evenly over it. And drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over it.
- Gently press the grated chocolate onto the sides of the cake.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.