Mocha Mousse Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 415 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56359 times
A coffee and chocolate mousse on a muesli base.
Add your private note
Mocha Mousse Cake recipe - How to make Mocha Mousse Cake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 servings
- Melt the chocolate over gentle heat.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Press this mixture evenly onto a 150 mm. (6") diameter loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dissolve the agar agar in 1/2 cup (100 ml. ) of water and melt over a medium flame till it becomes a smooth solution. Keep warm.
- Combine the custard powder, milk, coffee powder and chocolate in a bowl and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continously. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Combine the agar-agar solution, chocolate custard and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the whipped cream, sugar and vanilla essence and whisk till soft peaks form.
- Gently mix the whipped cream and chocolate custard and pour over the prepared muesli base.
- Refrigerate till set.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and drizzle the chocolate sauce on top.
- Serve chilled.
- You can also use readymade Muesli instead of crushed cornflakes and nuts for the above recipe.
- Serving Suggestion : This mousse cake is best served with a cherry or strawberry sauce as shown in the above picture.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.