Eggless Pineapple Sponge Cake, Indian Style
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 142 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 118067 times
eggless pineapple sponge cake recipe | Indian style pineapple sponge cake | pineapple cake | with amazing 20 images.
This spongy pineapple sponge cake is an eggless pineapple cake which is made with canned pineapple, canned pineapple syrup and condensed milk. Yes, this is an eggless pineapple cake perfect for vegetarians and you could also buy it from Indian bakery stores easily.
Your Kiddo’s birthday, special occasion or in a mood to bake? We have got you a simple yet super exotic recipe which is pineapple sponge cake. Pineapple cake is a sinful dessert to indulge in.
The cake recipe is very simple and easy. 40-45 mins and your pineapple cake is ready!! The flavor and smell of pineapple is heavenly.
To make Indian style pineapple sponge cake, grease the tin and keep aside. Further, make a batter by firstly sieving all the dry ingredients like plain flour, baking powder, baking soda together and keep aside. Next take a new bowl and mix the wet ingredients like condensed milk, vanilla essence and melted butter. Mix well and further mix dry and wet ingredients with a spatula and make sure there are no lump left. Also, do not over mix it as the air might knock off and your cake would deflate. Transfer the mixture to the cake tin and bake eggless pineapple cake in an oven for 30 minutes at 180°c. Cake will leave the side when it is ready, cool down and serve eggless pineapple sponge cake immediately.
This delectably spongy pineapple cake dotted with chunks of canned pineapple is perfect to be decorated elaborately, to be served as such with tea, or with a topping of ice-cream for dessert.
This Indian style pineapple sponge cake derives part of its intense flavour from pineapple syrup and partly from condensed milk. You will find it richer, more colourful and tastier than plain sponges, which is what makes it fit to be served right out of the oven without any frills.
Enjoy eggless pineapple sponge cake recipe | Indian style pineapple sponge cake | pineapple cake | detailed step by step recipe photos and video.
- To make eggless pineapple sponge cake, sieve the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) cake tin with melted butter, dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour. Shake and remove the excess flour. Keep aside
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and canned pineapple and mix gently with the help of a spatula.
- Add the canned pineapple syrup and fold gently. The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Keep aside to cool slightly. Once cooled, invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Cut eggless pineapple sponge cake into pieces and serve.
Pineapple Sponge Cake Video by Tarla Dalal
Eggless Pineapple Sponge Cake, Indian Style recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.