Chocolate Truffle Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 212 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 177884 times
A quick and easy yet exotic dessert of sugar-soaked chocolate sponge sandwiched and coated all over with a deep and delicious chocolate truffle icing! While the intense chocolate flavour is enough to please the diners, you can add to the magic by spending a little time on the decoration and garnishing. Decorate the Chocolate Truffle Cake with swirls of whipped cream and grated chocolate, and your guests will be ready to even skip the main course for this alluring dessert!
- Heat the fresh cream in a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the chocolate and mix well till the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain. Keep aside to cool for 2 minutes.
- Slice the chocolate sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal layers.
- Place the bottom layer of the cake on a turntable or a serving plate and sprinkle half the soaking syrup evenly over it.
- Spread half of the chocolate truffle icing evenly over it and sandwich it with the top layer of the sponge cake.
- Sprinkle the remaining half of the soaking syrup over it.
- Spread the remaining of the truffle icing evenly over it and along the sides of the cake.
- Garnish with swirls of beaten whipped cream and grated chocolate and refrigerate for 1 hour or till set.
- Cut the cake into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.