How many calories does one slice of Black Forest Cake have?
One slice of Black Forest Cake gives 441 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 168 calories, proteins account for 22 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 300 calories. One slice of Black Forest Cake provides about 22 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Is black forest cake healthy?
Sadly, black forest cake it not healthy and read below why? Black forest cake is made from a chocolate sponge cake, fresh cream, sugar, lots of whipped cream and dark chocolate.
This recipe of Black forest cake uses a rich chocolate sponge cake as its base which consists of the ingredients mentioned below.
5 main ingredients of Black Forest Cake which are issues
1. Plain flour : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
2. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
3. Butter : Butter is fat which should be avoided if you are on weight loss or a daibetic.
4. Whipped Cream : yes, lots of it is used in this cake. Till late, fat from dairy products like whipped cream was always looked upon as that evil fat which would lead to high cholesterol levels and strokes. Offhand, studies have revealed no such association. So, the next question that arises is “Are fats healthy then?” What’s more important is to look at your diet in totality. Till no furnished evidence is available on this subject, you can add about a tbsp of whipped cream once in a while to your coffee to enhance the taste. Try and not to add it in bulk frequently.
However most whipped cream contain some amount of sugar in them. So check the sugar content on the nutrition label. Choose a whipped cream with least amount of sugar.
5. Dark chocolate : This could be healthy if the cocoa percentage is about 85%. What happens is that most people use a cheaper dark chocoalte which is not slightly better than milk chocolate but does not fit into a healthy lifestyle. Try and get the expensive dark chocolate which has a nice rich bitter taste. Makes your recipe far healthier.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have black forest cake?
No, as black forest cake contains lots of sugar and plain flour. Better to stay clear.
Can i eat Black Forest Cake occasionally ?
The fact is that this cake is unhealthy as its made of refined ingredients and not suitable for daibetics and healthy life style. You can eat one slice of cake as a cheat meal. thats it.
What's a better or slightly healthier option to Black forest cake?
A healthier option is Eggless Chocolate Cake Using Microwave which has only 130 calories per slice.
Eggless Chocolate Cake Using Microwave
How to burn 441 calories that come from one slice of Black Forest Cake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2 hrs 12 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 44 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 59 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 16 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.