How many calories does one serving of Cheesy Pasta with Vegetables have?
One serving of Cheesy Pasta with Vegetables gives 128 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 75 calories, proteins account for 18 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 37 calories. One serving of Cheesy Pasta with Vegetables provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Cheesy Pasta with Vegetables recipe. Use of whole-wheat pasta and lots of vegetables is the specialty of this fibre rich dish. The milk and the cheese in the sauce enriches it with the much-needed calcium for growing kids.
Is Cheesy Pasta with Vegetables healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Processed Cheese : Switch from processed cheese to block cheese as that is healthy.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Sweet Corn : The pros. Sweet corn in a rich in fibre. The high vitamin B3 – 2.61 mg / cup is known to reduce cholesterol levels in body and in turn promote heart health. Sweet corn is good for pregnancy as high folate content and antioxidants - lutein is good for the foetus.The cons. the glycemic index of sweet corn is said to be between 55 to 58 and hence not suited for diabetics and best to restrict the usage. Though sweet corn is a good source of fiber, low in fat and helps control appetite, considering that it is a vegetable it has more calories than other fiber rich veggies, so restrict usage for weight loss. So given a choice it is wise to opt for other veggies first. Read the article is sweet corn healthy?
4. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
5. Broccoli : Broccoli is loaded with beta-carotene which converts to Vitamin A once it is inside the body. Vitamin A plays a critical role in maintaining healthy vision. It is a good source of Vitamin C which boosts the immune system and fights off cancers, heart disease and protects the body from free radical damage. Broccoli is a good source of folate and good for pregnant women. See here for 13 amazing benefits of broccoli.
6. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
7. Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Garlic has an antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal function and can help in relieving common cold and other infections. The thiosulphate compound, Allicin found in garlic acts as a strong antioxidant and protects our body from damage of free radicals. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
What's the problem?
1. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Cheesy Pasta with Vegetables?
Can healthy individuals have Cheesy Pasta with Vegetables?
Cheesy Pasta with Vegetables is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 128 calories that come from Cheesy Pasta with Vegetables?
Walking (6 kmph) = 38 mins
Running (11 kmph) =13 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 17 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 22 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.
Processed Cheese : Switch from processed cheese to block cheese as that is healthy.