Viewed 20538 times
The pulpy, citrusy flavour and texture of the squash when diluted with chilled water and ice cubes makes for a drink you can eat. This concentrate can be made at home. Extract the juice of pulpy oranges, blend it with sugar and water, strain and bottle.
How to Select
• Orange squash is readily available commercially.
• The organic variety of this syrup can be purchased online as well.
• If purchasing it commercially ensure that the seal is unbroken.
• Please read the manufacturing and expiry dates to ensure maximum product freshness.
• You can also make it at home with oranges that are particularly pulpy.
• Chilled water and ice cubes when added to orange squash with a sprig of lime make for an extremely refreshing drink.
• When flavouring or blending colours in a cocktail or mocktail, use this syrup.
• This squash has versatile uses in the kitchen and can be used a topping on desserts, served with vanilla ice cream or crafting flavoured sorbets for children.
How to Store
• Until the seal is broken, store the unopened bottle in a cool, dry place at room temperature.
• After breaking the seal, refrigerate the product to extend its shelf life.
• Since syrups contains a high amount of sugar, it acts as a preservative and ensures that the product has a long shelf life.
• Unopened bottles remain for a year with the flavour and taste of orange intact.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.