Guilt Free Lemon Cheesecake
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 75% LIKED IT
3 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 254 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32718 times
Creamy, tangy cheesecakes are unarguably the best way to pamper your sweet tooth, but unfortunately they can be quite fattening too. Not anymore!
This Guilt-Free Lemon Cheesecake cuts down on the fat by slashing the sugar content, and using low-fat cream cheese and low-fat butter.
The sugary topping of lemon sauce is avoided, and instead the cream cheese is flavoured naturally with lemon juice and lemon rind, resulting in a pleasing yet peppy cheesecake. Serve yourself a small portion, and savour your treat.
- Place the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush into a coarse powder with the help of a rolling pin.
- Transfer the crushed biscuit powder into a bowl, add the butter and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 175 mm. (7") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Keep aside.
- Pour the prepared cheesecake mixture evenly on the prepared biscuit base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or till the cheesecake sets.
- Once it is set, demould the cheesecake, cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.