Crushed digestive biscuit
The biscuits are crushed either with hand or by placing them in a cloth and pounding them with a hammer for a few seconds. The latter procedure tends to impart a finer crushed product than the former.
Several brands of digestive biscuit in various pack sizes are easily available in the market. Choose a brand you prefer, and a small or large pack size according to your requirement. Check on the manufacturing as well as expiry dates, to ensure freshness.
Indian desserts using digestive biscuits | recipes using digestive biscuit |
1. We have used digestive biscuit as its semi sweet and crumbly in texture. It also has high fibre which is good for digestion. See our no bake cookies recipe | quick Indian 5 minute no bake cookies | eggless no cook cookies | Crushed digestive biscuits together with crunchy and wholesome ingredients like muesli and wheat bran are mixed into a dough, shaped into cookies.
2. chocolate pie recipe | eggless chocolate pie | no bake chocolate pie | homemade Indian chocolate pie | with 29 amazing recipes. An evergreen favourite with kids, the chocolate pie is traditionally a time-consuming dessert. Now, here is how you can make no bake chocolate pie quickly and easily using the microwave. All it takes is a few minutes to prepare a biscuit base, a few more minutes to prepare a creamy, chocolaty topping, and a few hours to set in the refrigerator.
• It tastes delicious either plain or with any kind of cheese or jam.
• Some people enjoy dunking digestive biscuits in tea or coffee to soften them slightly before consuming them.
• They can also be pulverized to make cracker crusts for recipes like cheesecakes.
How to store digestive biscuit
• Once opened, store in an airtight container at room temperature.
• Avoid air or moisture exposure as it might lose its crispiness and could become sticky too.
• Once opened, it will stay good for 2 to 3 weeks.
Health benefits of digestive biscuit
• They are high in refined carb sugars and high on the Glycemic Index, which means they can cause a rapid rise in blood-glucose levels, leading to excessive insulin production and a sudden drop in blood sugar.
• The fibre content is very good as it uses all whole meal and also some have husks of the grain.