• It tastes delicious either plain or with any kind of cheese or jam.
• Some people enjoy dunking digestive biscuits in tea or coffee to soften them slightly before consuming them.
• They can also be pulverized to make cracker crusts for recipes like cheesecakes.
How to store digestive biscuit
• Once opened, store in an airtight container at room temperature.
• Avoid air or moisture exposure as it might lose its crispiness and could become sticky too.
• Once opened, it will stay good for 2 to 3 weeks.
Health benefits of digestive biscuit
• They are high in refined carb sugars and high on the Glycemic Index, which means they can cause a rapid rise in blood-glucose levels, leading to excessive insulin production and a sudden drop in blood sugar.
• The fibre content is very good as it uses all whole meal and also some have husks of the grain.
Crushed digestive biscuit
The biscuits are crushed either with hand or by placing them in a cloth and pounding them with a hammer for a few seconds. The latter procedure tends to impart a finer crushed product than the former.