Cream biscuits generally refer to sandwich biscuits, where two crispy biscuits are sandwiched with flavoured cream or icing. The biscuits are dry, crunchy, light brown in colour and come in square or round shapes. They are thick as the flavoured cream is sandwiched between two biscuits. The cream comes in various flavours such as orange, vanilla, strawberry, chocolate, butterscotch and jam too. The biscuits too may be plain, chocolaty, or tinted with other flavours.
Cream biscuits are made of wheat flour, cream, icing, sugar, yeast, fats, and other ingredients, and are a snack loved by all! In fact, kids love to take the parts apart, lick the cream and have the biscuits separately!
How to Select
• Choose from the brands available in the markets.
• Check the dates of manufacturing and expiry.
• Make sure the packets are tightly sealed; otherwise the biscuits will be limp and not crisp.
• Also, look for brands packaged in cardboard boxes to avoid breakage of biscuits.
• It is lovely snack and can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
• They may also be used as a base for other innovative desserts.
How to Store
• Once opened, store it in airtight container at room temperature.
• Avoid air or moisture exposure as the biscuits tend to lose their crispness and become a bit sticky too.
• Once opened, used within 2-3 weeks.
• Biscuits are a good source of energy
• But, weight watchers need to avoid these as they contain cream and sugar; you could however try some of the low-fat or sugar-free options available in specialty stores.