Last Updated : Jan 29,2019
Viewed 43030 times
Marie is crisp, light, healthy and delicious! It is a type of biscuit made with wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla flavouring. It is usually round in shape, with the name of the brand engraved on the top surface. The edges of the top surface are also engraved with an intricate design. Marie biscuit is used abundantly in India.
Crushed marie biscuit
The biscuits can be crushed with hands or place the biscuits between 2 butter paper sheets or paper and run a rolling pin over it until you have reached the desired biscuit crumbs. They can be crushed coarsely or finely as per the recipe. Crushed biscuits are used in many desserts.
How to Select
• There are several brands to choose from, though Britannia is one of the most popular.
• It is packed tightly in plastic bags and available in small or large packs.
• Confirm the seal of the package, and the manufacturing and expiry dates before buying.
• Marie biscuits are an extremely popular accompaniment to tea or coffee, as well as kids’ beverages.
• There are several desserts and sweets like biscuit pudding, biscuit cookie, biscuit crunchy balls, etc., that you can prepare easily with Marie biscuits as the base.
• Desserts made from Marie biscuits are not only very tasty but nutritious as well.
• Britannia Marie biscuits are best suited to make any kind of sweet preparation, as they do not become pasty after soaking.
• You can use Marie biscuits to make a biscuit sandwich with butter, margarine or jam.
• Spread condensed milk in between, cover it with golden syrup, and crumble it up in custard and jelly, for an irresistible dessert.
• Marie biscuits are frequently served to children. Babies may be served the biscuits softened in milk as their first solid food.
• Marie biscuits are also a common ingredient in home baking recipes.
How to Store
Once opened, keep it in an airtight container. Avoid contact with air or moisture, as it might lose its crispiness.
• Marie is one variety of biscuits that is highly recommended by dieticians.
• It is a good snacking choice for calorie-conscious dieters. However, stick to eating just one or two at a time, up to a maximum of three to four in a day. Don't go overboard just because it is low in calories.
• Marie biscuits, a favourite among diabetics, contain both sugar and refined wheat flour so they must be had in moderation only.
• Having a biscuit or two at tea-time is a good way to delay hunger for the next one or two hours. In fact, it is a great idea to have a packet in your bag at all times so that you are not stranded without food, especially for people who are on the move and on diet.
• Several varieties of Marie are available these days, such as those made with oats or fortified with nutrients and added fibre, making them a better snack.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.