by Tarla Dalal
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Baked Cheesecake in Gujarati)
Added to 925 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93825 times
Unlike many cheesecakes, which are merely assembled and served, this Baked Cheesecake features a crust of crushed biscuits, which is topped with a spicy and richly-textured cheesecake mixture and baked till the perfect texture is achieved.
Baking also enhances the flavour of the cheesecake mixture which is comprised predominantly of cottage cheese and other dairy products perked up with raisins and spices.
This melt-in-the-mouth treat therefore has an irresistible flavour that lingers on your palate and memory for a long time afterwards.
A fantastic treat that is perfect to serve at a High Tea Party or as a dessert, with a topping of Chocolate Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 150 mm. (6") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer, except the raisins and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the raisins and mix well. Keep aside.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture evenly over the set biscuit base and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.