Top 10 Indian Homemade Biscuit Recipes
Biscuits are everywhere. From small tea shops to gourmet food stores, a rack is always reserved for biscuits. This is because biscuits are amongst the most popular and handy snacks, enjoyed by everybody across the world. It is much-loved by young and old alike.
If you feel hungry on the way, the first solution you think of is to buy a pack of biscuits somewhere. If you are running late for office and have not packed a proper snack, you grab a pack of biscuits and put it in your bag, just in case! Yes, these tasty biscuits never fail to save you from a hunger attack. And, whether or not you are hungry, it is almost mandatory for many people to have a biscuit or two with their tea – or tea-time seems so incomplete!
Well, we agree that biscuits are easily available everywhere, but nothing can beat the flavor and aroma of a fresh homemade batch. Buttery, chocolaty or spicy, homemade biscuits made with love, with pure ingredients, always have a special charm. There is an almost endless variety of biscuits that can be made at home. You can even create your own recipes, using a vanilla or a chocolaty base and adding ingredients like nuts and spices as per your liking.
In this article, we have picked some of the most popular recipes, which everybody loves.
1. Khari Biscuit is one such biscuit that makes tea-time special in India. The layers of flaky biscuit which is baked in bakeries can now to be made in your own kitchen in your own oven. Though the procedure may look slightly elaborate, but the pleasure of enjoying it later is beyond imagination. Learn how to make khari biscuit step-by-step and with all the necessary tips to make this recipe a sure success.
Khari Biscuit, Puff Pastry Biscuits
2. Which are kids favourite? Chocolate flavoured Bourbon Biscuits. These biscuits are not so complicated to make. Just make the dough, roll them, sprinkle sugar, cut them into pieces and bake. Finally apply some chocolate butter between 2 biscuits. It takes only half an hour to make them. Surprise your little ones with this homemade version when they come home hungry after school.
3. Almond Biscuits for a special occasion. Flavoured with almond slivers, these are a shahi treat for taste buds. These melt-in-the-mouth biscuits with a mild tinge of vanilla and the exciting crunch of almonds will appeal to everybody. These biscuits are sure to be a surprise for your family. Try them!
Almond Biscuits, Almond Butter Biscuits
4. Jam Biscuits is also loved by kids. It’s a short break treat to be shared with friends. These are also sandwich biscuits, but jam in between 2 biscuits. Make them with your kids and let them gain the applaud.
5. Karachi Biscuits recalls fond memories of going to Hyderabad and coming back with a bag full of these biscuits for near and dear ones. In this city, every corner has a Karachi biscuit shop. Simply fab sweet biscuits with a pleasant touch of tutti-frutti, you won’t them anywhere else. Cashews add that slight more crunch to these biscuits. Try them!
6. Hyderabadi Osmania Biscuit are again a regional fare and that’s Hyderabad which is evident from its name itself. These are maida based biscuits, flavoured with hints of salted butter, saffron and powdered sugar. These are truly luscious and soft textured biscuits that coats your taste-buds and lingers for a while.
Hyderabadi Osmania Biscuit, Saffron Flavoured Biscuits
7. Nankhatai is a biscuit with a desi touch. This is a combination of maida and semolina with loads of Vanaspati for that melt-in-mouth texture. It is further flavoured with cardamom powder for that true Indian flavours. It is a sweet made in many Indian household during Diwali. Women make and exchange their sweets with each other.
Nankhatai, Nan Khatai Biscuit
8. Rich Shortbread Biscuits for an international feel, and much more. Seeing the soft, melt-in-the-mouth texture of shortbread biscuits, many people tend to think that it contains eggs. But these is its eggless version! With minimal ingredients and little time, the outcome is too yummy.
Rich Shortbread Biscuits, Eggless Butter Biscuits
9. Quick Chocolaty Biscuits are perfect to surprise your kids and treat them with something special after their good performance. These are Marie biscuit coated with melted chocolate and well-decorated with colourful sprinklers, which is what makes them so attractive. Moreover, it is very easy to make. You need just 5 minutes to make them.
Quick Chocolaty Biscuits Recipe ( Tiffin Treats)
10. Too much refined maida and sugar in these biscuits? Looking for some wheat flour based biscuits? We have one recipe for you. With use of minimal sugar, wheat flour and hints of cardamom powder and nutmeg powder, these are good to enjoy as slightly healthier options. These eggless Atta Biscuits are a pleasure to bite into.
Atta Biscuits, Eggless Whole Wheat Biscuit
Try these biscuits and you will love them. You will find that they are also quite easy to prepare. Note that after baking all biscuits will be little soft, but once cooled they will become nice and crispy – just like everybody loves it! You can make a batch of your favourites and store them in an airtight container to enjoy whenever you wish, or to pack to school or office.