by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8054 times
Nothing to beat the kick of serving homemade biscuits with tea, especially if it is a choice as popular as Almond Biscuits! Indeed, the aroma of Almond Biscuits baking in the oven is enough to make your whole family assemble in the kitchen for their share.
These melt-in-the-mouth biscuits with a mild tinge of vanilla and the exciting crunch of almonds will appeal to everybody. You can even consider serving them at parties , with tea and coffee .
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder, vanilla essence and powdered sugar in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour mixture till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the milk and almonds and knead into a dough.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll into a rectangle of 200 mm. (8”) × 150 mm. (6”) without using any flour for rolling.
- Cut into 14 equal pieces as shown in the image.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 to 17 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per biscuit
|Vitamin A||102.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.