Popular Indian Sweet Corn Veg Recipes
Boiled, roasted on the cob, or popped, corn in any form or in any dish makes people drool, and this is true of almost everybody from kids to adults! Corn, like chocolate, has the power to make a person return to childhood, to stop amidst this rushed life to enjoy a moment of reflection or celebration, solitude or togetherness. Perhaps it is the gooey center, the crunchy outer, the sweet taste, or the vibrant looks? Regardless of where the magic lies, corn is indeed a super hit with everybody.
Apart from being tasty just plain, corn also fits into almost every cuisine, be it Mexican, Italian , Indian or Chinese ! A very versatile ingredient, corn is now very easily available in almost all grocery stores and vegetable shops, making it easier for us to include this all-time favorite in many of our preparations.
Top 10 Indian Sweet Corn Recipes
1. Sweet Corn and Vegetable Soup tops the Indian restaurant menus and kids parties. This Indo-Chinese soup is made easily with readily available ingredients. With its sweet taste and no use of chillies it lures kids the most.
Sweet Corn and Vegetable Soup
2. Butter Sweet Corn is another kids favourite recipe. Sweet corn sautéed in butter and pepped up with lemon juice and pepper powder is a treat to the taste buds. It is a popular on-the-go snack. Enjoy this A luscious snack hot during winters and rains.
Buttered Sweet Corn Recipe, Buttered American Corn
3. Corn Palak Sabzi is also a popular Indian sweet corn recipe. Though this recipe looks slightly elaborate, it isn’t so much time consuming. It is an enticing dish made using the most basic ingredients, palak, methi, coriander, garlic and ginger along with basic spices and corn with an authentic North-Indian tempering of onions and tomatoes that does not take more than 20 minutes to cook.
Corn Palak Sabzi, Healthy Sweet Corn Spinach Sabzi
4. A drool worthy snack that’s absolutely easy to make, the Masala Sweet Corn Vada is just perfect to have with a cup of tea on a rainy day. It has a perfect crunch due to the addition of finely chopped veggies like onion and capsicum. The sprinkling of chaat masala on top is an additional touch of flavour.
Masala Sweet Corn Vada
5. Sev Puris are perfect evening snack in India. These unique Corn Sev Puris set a very upbeat mood right at the beginning, with their attractive appearance and irresistible taste. In this delectable version, the puris are topped with a mixture of corn and onions. Also the usual sweet chutney and green chutney has been replaced with tomato chutney. The garnish too has pomegranate along with coriander. Try it for a party!
Corn Sev Puris ( Gluten Free)
6. Corn Poha looks equally tempting. The regular Maharashtrian style poha has a twist with the addition of sweet corn. It suits breakfast and snack both the meals of the day. Also a good dish to carry along to school, work or travel.
7. Try this Indian style mithai with sweet corn – Makai Jajaria. Grated sweet corn is cooked with milk and sweetened with sugar. The cardamom powder gives the finishing touch to this Indian sweet.
Microwave Makai Jajaria
8. Our favourite South Indian snack dosa can be made using sweet corn too. It’s a quick snack which needs no soaking and no fermentation. Try Corn Dosa.
9. Ah! The Corn Kachoris… Beyond doubt we recommend this snack. Like all authentic kachoris, the deep-fried Corn Kachori also holds the filling inside a flaky, melt-in-the-mouth cover made of plain flour and melted ghee.
10. Corn and potato would be a win-win combo. Here we have combined them to make Corn and Potato Tikki. These are that is satiating, refreshing and has a homely aroma. Serve with spicy green chutney or hot garlic sauce to adults and tomato ketchup to kids.
Corn and Potato Tikkis