Corn Sev Puris ( Gluten Free)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19955 times
Don’t deprive kids on a gluten free diet of chaat - instead let them enjoy these maize flour puris, with a colourful corn topping, tomato chutney and sev! prepare the puris in advance and store in an airtight container and use to instantly rustle up a great snack when needed.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 30 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 38 mm. (1½”) diameter circle.
- Prick the puris with the help of a knife.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the puris, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Boil enough water in a deep vessel and immerse the tomatoes in it for 2 to 3 minutes and drain. Peel the tomatoes, deseed them and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep this tomato pulp aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan; add the carom seeds and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the tomato pulp, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, arrange 6 puris on a serving plate.
- Top each puri with 2 tsp of the corn topping and 1½ tsp of tomato chutney.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 4 more plates.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander, sev and pomegranate.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plates
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.