by Tarla Dalal
Added to 247 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 135928 times
Feel like having dhoklas for breakfast? you can whip them up instantly by using beaten rice, which requires no soaking or fermenting. These dhoklas also make a good tiffin option since they do not need reheating. Green chutney balances the not-so-spicy dhoklas.
- Combine the curds and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the semolina, beaten rice, green chilli paste and salt, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida. Sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds and pour this tempering over the dhoklas.
- Cool slightly, cut into diamond shaped equal sized pieces and garnish with coriander.
- Cool slightly, wrap in an aluminum foil and pack in a tiffin box.
Poha Dhokla Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.