Chola Methi Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 426 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76991 times
A wholesome and tasty snack, which can be served for breakfast too, the Chola Methi Dhokla is a real gem from Indian cuisine.
It is healthy and filling, and has an awesome flavour thanks to the magic of fenugreek leaves.
At the same time, it is also quite easy to make, so it can be made quickly for breakfast if you make the batter the previous night itself and keep it ready.
Moreover, any dhokla with its soft texture and pleasant taste is sure to be loved by the whole family, right from children to elders, so you will not have trouble at the table!
So, go ahead and try the Chola Methi Dhokla right away, and also try other dhoklas like the Khatta Dhokla or Moong Dal Dhokla
Add your private note
Chola Methi Dhokla recipe - How to make Chola Methi Dhokla
Soaking time: 8 hours Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
8 hours 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- Combine the chola dal and enough water in a deep bowl for 8 hours and drain well.
- Blend in a mixer along with ½ cup of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the ingredients, except the fruit salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming the dhoklas, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it evenly and steam in a steamer for 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cut into square or diamond shaped equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.