Indian Foods and Recipes for Beautiful Skin | recipes for glowing skin |
Elders often say that your internal wellness reflects externally on your skin. How true! When your body is properly hydrated and gets all the nutrients it requires, then the benefits glow on your skin too! See our Indian recipes for glowing skin. An array of ingredients ranging from fruits and vegetables to nuts and sprouts, are all foods which can be termed as ‘living foods’ for radiant skin. Each nutrient in a well-balanced diet plays an essential role in keeping the skin healthy and youthful.
7 essential Nutrients for glowing skin, beautiful skin
1. Protein has the major tasks of building and maintaining the skin cells. Certain types of protein are, in fact, part of the outer skin layer, providing support and elasticity to the skin. Turn to dairy products and sprouts as a good source of vegetarian protein. Sprouts Kadhi is a classic example of high protein food.
2. Iron helps to ensure a proper supply of blood, oxygen and other nutrients required for the maintenance of the skin cells. Stock on your supply of greens. Try a starter made with unusual greens like Cauliflower Greens and Mixed Sprouts Tikki. It is not even fried, it's cooked on tava with minimal oil.
Cauliflower Greens Mixed Sprouts Tikki
3. If the skin is protected from getting dry, it is thanks mainly to Vitamin A and other antioxidants like lutein (tomatoes and kale). Healthy Indian Tomato Soup is a good way of making up for vitamin A, lutein and fiber.
Healthy Indian Tomato Soup
4. Performing a similar function is the group of vitamin B-Complex, which also prevents the appearance of brown spots, mainly on the face, forearms and legs. Have whole grains, nuts and oilseeds like bajra, quinoa, almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, sesame seeds etc. in the form of Bajra Whole Moong and Green Pea Khichdi.
Bajra, Whole Moong and Green Pea Khichdi
5. Vitamin C assists in retaining the freshness of the skin and making it glow. Fruits and veggies like orange, capsicum, cabbage, sweet lime, pineapple etc are good sources of this vitamin. Try a Citrus Salsa and gain this vitamin. Remember that vitamin C is highly volatile and so the salad should be made just before serving.
Citrus Salsa with Spicy Coriander
6. Vitamin E uses its antioxidant properties to prevent the skin from getting discoloured and wrinkling. Get it from walnuts by way of Walnut and Tomato Salad – the best vegetarian source for vitamin E.
Walnut and Cherry Tomato Salad
7. The minerals Calcium and Zinc help to protect the skin and keep it healthy. Try the Quinoa Paneer Carrot Pepper Salad for Lunch.
Quinoa Paneer Carrot Peppers Salad, for Lunch Or Dinner
Dig into this array of delicious recipes, which will help you maintain glowing and healthy skin, and as a result feel young and fit forever. Bean Sprouts and Vegetable Salad, Carrot and Red Pepper Juice, Spinach Orange and Beetroot Juice, Nourishing Lettuce Soup, Rajma and Spinach Wrap etc. are a few skin friendly recipes you will find inside this section.
Carrot and Red Pepper Juice
Most of the recipes involve little or no cooking, to retain all the nutrients required for healthy and radiant skin. Scrumptious and tasty, these skin-friendly recipes are also a delight to bite into.
Other similar Articles you might like:
Forever Young Diet Recipes
Recipes for glowing skin
Recipes for beautiul hair
Recipes for bright vision
Recipes for Increasing immunity