Bean Sprouts and Vegetable Salad ( Healthy Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 67% LIKED IT
2 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 122 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88797 times
The moment you glance through this recipe, you will surely notice that all the ingredients are healthy ones – broccoli, bean sprouts, lettuce, one beats the other in healthiness! broccoli is rich in vitamin c, a and cancer fighting phytonutrients. Bean sprouts, lettuce and all the other health-boosters make this a nutritious, low-cal, tasty and crunchy salad. For blanching broccoli and mushrooms, boil a vesselful of water, add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Strain and put it into a vesselful of cold water and keep aside for 10 minutes. Strain and discard the water. You can also use baby corn instead of mushroom.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a mortar and pound to a coarse paste using a pestle (khalbhatta). Keep aside.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the broccoli and mushrooms and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Strain and put into a vesselful of cold water for 10 minutes. Strain again and discard the water.
- Cut the mushrooms into thick slices and keep aside.
- Put the lettuce in ice-cold water for 30 minutes. This will make them crisp.
- Drain and arrange the lettuce leaves at the bottom of a large salad bowl. Keep aside.
- Combine the mushrooms, onions, celery, broccoli, capsicum and bean sprouts together in another bowl.
- Pour the dressing over it and toss well.
- Spoon the salad over the lettuce leaves and serve immediately garnished with coriander.
|Energy|| 89 calories|
|Protein|| 4.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 11.8 gm|
|Fat|| 2.9 gm|
|Vitamin C|| 52.9 mg|
|Iron|| 1.8 mg|
|Folic acid|| 13.7 mcg|
|Zinc|| 0.6 mg|
|Fibre|| 1.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.