How To Make Green Chilli Paste
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2622 times
Green Chilli Paste is an important ingredient in the Indian kitchen that is really simple to make and gives a kick to any recipe.
Fresh green chillies are grinded up into a smooth paste which can be stored for a long time. It is used in most regional Indian cuisines, and is therefore readily available in the market as well but the fresh one always tastes better.
Considering that the paste is so easy to make at home, we suggest you make a small batch and keep it handy in the fridge at all times. Make sure you use dark green chillies, not light, because it is these dark chillies that give the intense flavor.
It is a simple three-ingredient recipe, and you can make it within minutes. The combination of salt and oil together naturally acts as a preservative to keep the taste fresh and the bacteria away!
The paste is much easier to add to recipes and hence reduces the effort and time of cooking the dish.
You can try other paste recipes like Green Chilli Paste or Chilli Paste.
Enjoy how to make Green Chilli Paste recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- Thoroughly wash the green chillies and then dry them using a clean cloth.
- Place the green chillies on a chopping board and remove the stem of the chillies.
- Chop each green chilli into 4-5 pieces. This should yield around 1 cup of chopped chillies.
- Add the chopped chillies to a blender.
- Add the salt to chillies. Salt is added not only for the taste but it is added because it works as a preservative.
- Add the oil and blend into a paste.
- Check on the paste midway. If it is too coarse, you can add 1 tbsp of water and blend again till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture in an air-tight container, and store it in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Use as required.
- To store this paste for longer period, store it in the deep freezer. It stays fresh for upto 2 months.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.