by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 89% LIKED IT
8 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 217 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57760 times
Once a gujarati staple, steamed and low cal dhoklas are universally popular these days! they make a particularly wholesome and light breakfast. Add sprouted moong and spinach to add colour and make them more nourishing.
- Combine the sprouted moong , spinach and green chillies and blend in a mixer using a little water to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the salt, besan along with ¼ cup water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread the batter in an even layer.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the dhoklas, cool slightly and cut into equal diamond shaped pieces.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
- Cool the dhoklas for just about 30 seconds, so that they can be easily cut into pieces.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.